Friday 2 January 2015

The quickest indulgence: cinnamon puffs


I like my snacks. I like them sweet or savoury, depending on my mood. But, I am a girl with limited patience, so I like them to be ready soon(ish). These little bites of cinnamon and pastry heaven are just what I need to pick me up after an exhausting day when I need something a little indulgent yet comforting. 


They store well and make great additions to lunch boxes too. Although, I like them best soon as they are made. But then that might be something to do with my lack of patience too. 

These are just so simple that they don't really need a recipe but I have indicated the steps I follow.


Cinnamon Puffs

Frozen puff pastry sheets
Melted butter
Ground cinnamon (best if you grind it yourself)
Brown sugar

Brush pastry sheets with melted butter. Cut into desired shapes. I like to cut them into 3 x 1 inch rectangles. Place them on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake in a hot oven till the pastry has risen and is golden. This will take about 20 minutes.

Try not to burn your mouth as you sample the just-out-of-the-oven puffs.

No comments: